Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Class of 2013

My twin daughters graduated from kindergarten. Their school did it up big, with caps and gowns and diplomas . . . an actual ceremony!

Too bad they didn't select a valedictorian, because my kid really likes talking into the microphone. Due to her mumbling lisp (or is it a lisping mumble?), you can't understand a word she utters—but if you could make out what she was saying, I'm sure you'd agree with my objective opinion that she is super smart and very interesting.
B is For Blah Blah Blah



Here's her sister waiting nervously to receive her diploma. The girl behind her looks less excited.

Accept with the left, shake with the right . . .


One of the twins loved going to school every day. The other complained each morning that she wanted to stay home. I'll let you guess which one is my Pollyanna.






In all seriousness, I was a weepy mess. These sweet girls are my babies. AND THEY JUST GRADUATED FROM KINDERGARTEN.



Dinner last night: spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic toast

Exactly one year ago:

Exactly three years ago:

Exactly four years ago:

Exactly five years ago:



4 comments:

Unknown said...

My twin granddaughters are the same way - one loves school and does well, and the other one would rather stay home and do other things. She's too busy to be bothered by school. They just finished first grade. Congratulations to your daughters. As an educator myself, I think it's great when a school makes a big fuss (i.e. graduation ceremony) about any educational accomplishment, even finishing kindergarten. That sends a loud and clear message to the kiddos that learning is important stuff.

Karen Mortensen said...

What a sweet post. Congratulations.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Congratulations....they are adorable!

Karen M. Peterson said...

They are so adorable!

I can't believe they do the whole cap and gown thing. That must be so much fun for the kids!