Friday, January 25, 2013

Weekend Plans

I walked into the mudroom this morning and just about fell over from the stench of . . . what? Stinky shoes? Dog urine? What horrible odor had sprung up over night? I could see nothing amiss. There were no puddles on the floor or rotting food in the corners. I was starting to think maybe I was suffering from one of those neurological problems where your brain scrambles olfactory signals, or maybe I had finally snapped and was experiencing some kind of smell schizophrenia.

Fortunately, my 14-year-old walked in, scrunched her nose, and said, "What is that smell?" It wasn't just me. Something stinks in the mudroom.

So I'm going to pull up all the rugs and wash them. Scrub the floor. Go through the shoes. I'll be cleaning and sanitizing and spritzing Febreze like a mad woman.

Then I'll take a break to look for my cell phone. I've lost it. AGAIN.



Dinner last night: pot roast and veggies

Exactly three years ago:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once we had a wet rag scrunched up in a container after scrubbing the bathroom. After a few days (in the summer, though) it really stunk.

By the way how are you?

Those twins are growing up for sure.

Barbara

Unknown said...

Good luck finding the mystery stinker.

Katherine said...

We had a funny smell in our kitchen for a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. I scrubbed the cabinets, washed all the dish clothes, and the smell persisted. Finally I made my husband pull out the dishwasher, the stove, and the microwave. The culprit: a dead mouse behind the microwave! Gross! Hopefully, your smell culprit is less traumatic!

Unknown said...

Oh no, good luck finding the smell - I hope it doesn't turn out to be anything too awful!