Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Aftermath

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. We received an April shower on Saturday, which normally would make me very grumpy, but this year made me quite happy . . . we have beaten the largest snowfall record in southcentral Alaska's history. It's official: 133.6" fell throughout the winter of 2011–12. In case you're not sufficiently impressed by inches, that's over ELEVEN FEET of snow. Alright, I'll stop bragging now. Or is it complaining?

We celebrated a quiet Easter at home this year. I've been feeling poorly the past 10 days or so, and I just didn't possess the energy to wrangle the family out the door to church or to host a dinner. So we hung out in our pajamas all day and watched that wonderful Easter classic, Zathura. We did hide Easter eggs indoors for the girls, because, you know . . . there's ELEVEN FEET of snow in our backyard. Okay, a lot of it has melted off, but still. Brightly-colored eggs don't blend in too well with white snow.

Watching our daughters dash about searching for treats reminded me that I should never enter them in any sort of public Easter egg hunt or, for that matter, in a public treasure hunt or scavenger hunt of any kind. They possess no fear, no sympathy, no self-control. My precious angels would mow down the other children like runaway bulldozers plowing over a patch of helpless marshmallow Peeps.


Even the dogs joined in the chase. They had no idea what they were looking for, but they ran wildly about the living room just the same.







Happy (belated) Easter, and may your baskets be full of Cadbury creme eggs.



Dinner last night: ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, jelly beans





6 comments:

Kathy G said...

I heard about your record-breaking snow on my local news' weather report last night. Glad it's you and not me :-)

Heather~sheaaa6 said...

Wowza!!! That's allot of snow!!
Girls looked to be having a blast. =]And the doggies too. =]

Helene said...

11 feet of snow is impressive so brag away!!!

My kids go for blood too when it comes to Easter Egg Hunts. In fact, we took them to a local church event last Saturday which involved an egg hunt and the first thing I said to them was, "Do not push, shove or hit any other kids. They are only plastic eggs filled with candy. It's not a life or death situation, okay??"

But then when the buzzer went off, they went all Hunger Games on me...snatching eggs from other kids and pushing, shoving, doing what ever they had to do to get those darn eggs.

Karen M. Peterson said...

That is a crazy lot of snow!

Sounds like you had a nice Easter. Sometimes the best holidays are the quiet-ish ones.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is a lot of snow! Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I think your Easter day sounds lovely and relaxing.

Claudya Martinez said...

Love the indoor action shots. I hope you are feeling better. I'm just coming down with something and I'm not at all happy about it.