Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Don't Forget to Thaw the Turkey

Can someone please explain to me how Thanksgiving is here already? Yikes. Tomorrow is Wednesday, known around my house as National Pie-Baking Day. This year, I'm making only pumpkin. No apple. No pecan. Just pumpkin. No cherry. No rhubarb. PUMPKIN! Nothing fancy, either. No sour cream pumpkin pie or pumpkin cheesecake. Plain ol' punkin. Maybe I'll serve it with whipped cream. Maybe I won't.

Do you think the pilgrims ate fancy pie a la mode? No, they did not.
They feasted on pumpkin and were thankful.



Dinner last night: beef stroganoff

Exactly one year ago:



2 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm not sure how it is Thanksgiving already, either. I would be only making pumpkin pie, too, except I'm the only one who likes it.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I don't get it either.

Have fun with your pumpkin pie!