Friday, July 22, 2011

On a Clear Day You Can See Forever. On a Hazy Day, Not So Much.

Our house is surrounded by birch, spruce, and alders. I love looking out at the trees, but I must admit that I miss the view of the mountains from the living room window of our previous home. Fortunately, a quick drive up the hill provides a vista of the water and distant mountain range.

From my house, the sky looked clear and blue.
But up here, the view isn't as crystalline as I was hoping . . . 




. . . though it's not too bad when I turn around and
set my sights on the mountain tops that are closer.


























Clearer yet is the path that meanders through the trees.































Forget about walking. I'll just plop down in the grass . . . 










































. . . and listen to the birds sing.

* If you want to see an entirely different view of Alaska, check out Life Sentences, where Amy's husband is posting about his stay way up north in Kotzebue.*



Dinner last night: chicken and dumplings

Exactly one year ago:

Exactly three years ago:



10 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for that link, Kim! He is loving his time in Kotzebue although he is working very hard! I told him he was gonna need a vacation when he got home! Enjoyed your pictures - they are breathtaking!

Unknown said...

I love your pictures. The bird photo is my favorite. He looks like he is surveying all he can see.

Jessica said...

Great pictures. I can't wait to vacation in Alaska one day.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Gorgeous views! I bet it's much cooler there. And I could really go for some chicken and dumplings! ;-)

katie eggeman said...

What excellent photos you have on you website. Your subject matter (Alaska) is very photogenic but you have a great talent. Thanks for visiting.

trump said...

Your state is so pretty, i hope man never destroys it or changes its beauty. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa

Nicolle said...

Your photos are beautiful. What an amazing place that you live in. AND, what a view from your home. wow. Alaska fascinates me and I hope to visit one day. :)

TexWisGirl said...

you have a beautiful place and gorgeous views!

thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! (and i LOVE beagles!) :)

Shanniel Shakespeare said...

:) Refreshing!!

Heather~sheaaa6 said...

Gorgeous pictures! =]