Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunset Through the Trees

I'm not down with the weather lingo, so when I wave my arms around and proclaim in a self-righteous tone that our spectacular sunsets are created by cold weather and inversion and various atmospheric conditions, just ignore me. I may not know what is causing our colorful skies these past few days, but I do know that the sunsets have been amazing. They occur right around dinnertime, when I'm hustling and bustling to get food on the table, so I'm never able to drive to a scenic spot where I can really capture their beauty. This quick snap out my upstairs window will have to do.


He spreads out the northern skies over empty space;
He suspends the earth over nothing.




Dinner last night: pork chops, stuffing, mushroom gravy



6 comments:

Quadmama said...

Beautiful picture. We've had some fabulous sunrises lately... prompting one of my daughters to ask me why the clouds were pink this morning.

Helene said...

That's a beautiful picture! We've been having some gorgeous sunsets too. All kinds of pink and blue in the sky...it's amazing.

CambridgeLady said...

That's a lovely sunset. I think the colours might be enhanced by moist cool air over relatively warm oceans but don't quote me on that!!

Do you see the Northern Lights in Alaska?

Amy-Brad said...

If that's "just" your view out of your window, I'd love to see the view from your scenic spot! Absolutely gorgeous!

The Shultzs said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful view! =)

Bethany said...

What a beautiful view!