Thursday, July 3, 2008

One of Those Weeks

Wow. I've got nothing for you today. I'm sitting here bleary-eyed at the computer, with just a couple sips of my Hawaiian Macadamia Nut coffee in me, realizing that I am smackdab out of ideas. This week so far has been a whirlwind of activity, with no signs of it decreasing any time soon. I'll be cleaning my house from top to bottom today in preparation for the arrival of guests from out-of-town, make that out-of-state, who will be visiting for several days.

If I was a good American, I'd have an inspiring quote for you in honor of the Fourth of July, but the only phrase I can come up with off the top of my head is Abraham Lincoln's remark: "All that I am or hope to be I owe to my mother." Which is appropriate, I suppose, since my mind is distracted right now thinking about neatly-made beds and scoured bathrooms. Thanks, Mom! And my company thanks you, too, for the freshly-baked cookies they'll be eating. And the clean sheets they'll be sleeping between. And the sparkling floors they'll be walking across. Okay, I've got to get going . . .

We're all looking forward to a busy, happy weekend. Hope you are, too.



Dinner last night: macaroni and cheese

No comments: