Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Moose are Afoot


Good morning, world! What a bright, sunny day! Time to open the curtains and let the light in . . . What the . . . ?


Oh, for goodness sake! That baby moose is coming right towards me!

Um, moose? I hate to break it to you, but if this window pane was a bush and I was a wolf, you would be DEAD.

Hey! I was just kidding! You don't have to run off mad. I was joking!

I mean it! I was teasing! I'm not a wolf. I won't hurt you, I promise.

Awright, that's more like it. Come and gimme some sugar . . .



That's right . . . I'm not gonna hurt you.



Er, moose? Don't hit your face on the window.


You're kind of cute, in a bug-eyed sorta way.


Wait a minute, I didn't mean it like that. Come on, now, don't be so sensitive! You moose are all the same . . . go run to mama . . . you big baby.


Don't even think about it. Unh-uh, no sirree, you are not going to take a nap right there. I have two little girls who are ready to go outside and play in the sunshine. Git! I said, "Shoo!"



Oh. I see how it is. You sleep wherever you want. Well, you're messing with the wrong woman. Get off my property!


Are you leaving? Or getting ready to kick me in the head? I don't like the looks of your bristled hair. On second thought . . . we don't need to go outside today. Not at all. Keep your hooves to yourself, mama.




Dinner last night: chili, rice, and cheese

2 comments:

Kim said...

I would really like to see that one day. Just see a moose mind you, not battle with one.

All I get at my house are mosquitos and tree roaches. Yuck!

Kim said...

I've seen enough now. They won't go away!! The mama has decided to camp out in the back yard next to the trampoline, so the kids can't play until I go out with a wooden spoon and pot, clanging away, to shoo them off. Aargh!