Tuesday, May 20, 2008

That Darn Cat

Tie-Dye disappeared.



After three days, my seven-year-old came to me in tears. She was worried that her cat was dead or trapped in someone else's house. What's a mother to do? I tried to reassure her that Tie-Dye can take care of herself, then I told her to brush her teeth and go to bed.

I went outside on the deck and looked around. It was so cold and quiet, and getting dark. I called out weakly, "Tie-Dye? Tie-Dye! Come home!" I prayed silently, "Lord, I know she's just a cat. But our little girl is really sad. And she's been praying every night for Tie-Dye to come home. Please help that cat find her way back." I went inside to finish the dishes.

Fifteen minutes later,
Tie-Dye was meowing at the door.



Dinner last night: cheeseburgers, baked beans, watermelon

No comments: